Tigers Press Release
Play ball! Exciting new lineup of fun and entertainment at Comerica Park in 2012
Biggest HD video board in Michigan, ticket value deals, family events, new giveaways and promotions
DETROIT – Opening Week festivities at Comerica Park begin Thursday, April 5, and the Detroit Tigers have continued their efforts to offer fans Detroit’s No. 1 sports value with an enhanced gameday experience for the entire 2012 season. The Tigers have installed a new 6,000 square foot high definition video board within the left field scoreboard, introduced new promotions, and attractions for this season, and continue to offer great value deals.
Be sure to get your Tigers tickets for the Opening Homestand and games in 2012 at Comerica Park now! For single game ticket information call 866-66-TIGER. For season, group, parties and suites call 313-471-BALL (2255).
For complete ticket information visit tigers.com/tickets.
~NEW IN 2012~
BIGGEST HIGH DEF VIDEO BOARD IN MICHIGAN
· On Opening Day, one of the largest LED video displays in Major League Baseball and all of sports will light up at Comerica Park. Measuring approximately 48 feet high by 127 feet wide, the video display will utilize the latest in LED technology offering excellent clarity and contrast of video images. This technology and its control system will allow for complete flexibility in programming. The video board will operate as a single giant display or be divided into multiple zones (windows) to show a wide variety of statistics, information, graphics, animation and live and recorded video. An additional 5 foot high by nearly 100 foot wide LED display will be positioned below the main video display to be used primarily for pitcher statistics.
SUPER SPRING SPECIAL
· For select April games (April 10-12, 24 & 25), Mezzanine seats are just $10 (regularly priced $16) and Upper Box Infield seats are only $12 (regularly priced $24)
25-GAME DIGITAL TICKET PLAN
· The Detroit Tigers are offering a limited number of 25-game Digital Season Tickets with OPENING DAY TICKETS INCLUDED! This is a first-of-its-kind ticket package that gives you the security of never having to worry about a misplaced ticket, and the flexibility to safely transfer and print your tickets free of charge. There are a limited number of seats available.
GIVEAWAYS, SPECIAL EVENTS, FIREWORKS
· 31 giveaways and 14 special events
· 19 post-game firework extravaganzas on Fridays and Saturdays in Detroit, the most in Major League Baseball
· Special Independence Day Fireworks Show following the game on Wednesday, July 4
KIDS OPENING DAY – Sunday, April 8
· All kids 14-and-younger will receive a Comerica Park Scoreboard Photo Frame, courtesy of Dunkin' Donuts
· Twenty-three winning entries will be selected from an Essay Contest with each winner receiving four complimentary game tickets as well as the opportunity to participate in “Kids Opening Day.”
· Free rides for kids 14-and-younger courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel and the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel
· Post Game Kids Run the Bases for kids 14-and-younger courtesy of Aquafina and Meijer.
NEW THEME NIGHT: MISS MICHIGAN NIGHT – Tuesday, April 24
· All 32 Miss Michigan 2012 contestants will participate in a pre-game question and answer session on the Comerica
Park main concourse, be featured during an on-field pre-game ceremony and the reigning Miss Michigan, Elizabeth
Wertenberger, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
SUNDAY KIDS DAYS BACK BETTER THAN EVER FOR THE LITTLE TIGERS
· All Sunday home games at Comerica Park
· All kids 14-and-younger will receive a free promotional item as part of the “Every Kid, Every Sunday” giveaway
guarantee, can enjoy free rides courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel or the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, can take
part in free face painting, have the chance to win a bicycle courtesy of Meijer and are invited down to the field for Kids
Run the Bases courtesy of Aquafina and Meijer following the game.
· Miguel Cabrera 2011 AL Batting Champion Banner – Monday, April 30 (First 10,000 fans courtesy of Pepsi)
· Austin Jackson Detroit Stars Bobblehead – Saturday, May 19 (First 10,000 fans courtesy of Comerica Bank)
· Doug Fister Growth Chart – Sunday, May 20 (All Kids 14-and-under courtesy of Frito-Lay)
· Star Wars / Detroit Tigers Fathead – Saturday, June 2 (First 10,000 fans courtesy of Belle Tire)
· Alex Avila Floppy Hat – Monday, July 2 (First 10,000 fans courtesy of National Coney Island)
· Red, White and Blue Tigers Hat – Wednesday, July 4 (First 10,000 fans 21-and-over courtesy of Miller Lite)
· Replica Jose Valverde Glasses – Sunday, August 5 (All kids 14-and-under courtesy of DMC)
· Prince Fielder Bobblehead – Tuesday, August 21 (First 10,000 fans courtesy of Belle Tire)
NEW ITEMS AVAILABLE AT THE D SHOP PRESENTED BY MAJESTIC
· An increased amount of Detroit Tigers player merchandise
· Plush Miguel Cabrera and Justin Verlander Bleacher Creatures
· Justin Verlander and Miguel Cabrera OYO’s (the newest craze)
· Justin Verlander numbered blanket
· Prince Fielder Name and Number T-shirts and Jerseys
· Prince Fielder Attitude T-shirt by Nike, "Prince knows Motor City"
· New Apparel for Victoria's Secret 2012 Pink line
· More Women’s styles than ever, including a ladies dress, cardigan, flip flops, etc.
· 2012 Media Guide – Featuring AL MVP and Cy Young Winner Justin Verlander on the cover
· 2012 Edition of Team Yearbook – Featuring AL Batting Champ, Miguel Cabrera, Justin Verlander and Prince Fielder
· Tigers Magazine with Scorecard – Featuring Opening Day cover shot of Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder
NEW MENU ITEMS THROUGHOUT BALLPARK
· Fresh Hand Pattied Hamburgers, Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs, New Smoked Brisket and Pulled Pork Sandwiches with house made BBQ sauce, Frozen Daquiris, Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (made with Michigan baked bread and cheese), Boneless Buffalo Wings with a variety of sauces, Michigan Coney Dogs and Waffle Fries with assorted toppings
· Michigan Craft Beers stand - featuring beers brewed in Michigan, including a variety of Seven Bell’s beers and Atwater Brewery beers
NEW GAMEDAY PROMOTIONS
· Communicate with @ComericaParkDJ – Comerica Park's music has now become completely interactive. Fans will be able to communicate directly with the ballpark DJ just by following @ComericaParkDJ via Twitter. Fans can make song requests, provide feedback and the Tigers will recognize great musical suggestions on the scoreboard prior to home games.
· Hudsonville Ice Cream "Random Act of Ice Cream" – Every game four lucky fans will be selected to receive a tasty,
frozen treat courtesy of Hudsonville Ice Cream and be featured on the Comerica Park Scoreboard.
DETROIT TIGERS SOCIAL MEDIA CLUBHOUSE
· Detroit Tigers Social Media Clubhouse (tigers.com/connect)
· Follow the Tigers on Facebook (facebook.com/tigers) and Twitter (@Tigers)
· Twitter en español! (@TigresdeDetroit)
· Pinterest - Pinterest.com/Tigersbaseball
· Official App- MLB At Bat 12
· Official Front Office Blog - Comerica Park, 48201
MLB At Bat 12
· The award-winning MLB At Bat application is back for 2012. Follow the Tigers and get access to Live Audio, Gameday, Video Highlights, News, Schedules and more. MLB.TV Premium subscribers get At Bat 12 for free and can watch Tigers games live wherever they are! The 2012 version also features an enhanced video library archive, searchable by player, team or keyword. Available on Apple iPhone and iPad, Android phones and tablets.
NEW FANTASY EXPERIENCES
Attend a Game with a Former Tiger
· Watch the game with Dave Bergman, Rick Leach, Dan Petry and Dave Rozema
· Available for three people
· Enjoy dinner with your Tigers star in the Champions Club
· Also includes parking and three Infield Box Seats
Watch Batting Practice from the Field before a Tigers game
· Available for four people
· Enjoy dinner in the Champions Club
· Also includes parking and four Infield Box Seats
Play Catch on the Field before a Tigers Game with your Child
· Available for two people
· Enjoy dinner in the Champions Club
· Also includes parking and two Infield Box Seats
Detroit Tigers Road Trip to Cincinnati
· June 7-9, 2012 – Join former Tigers players on a road trip to Cincinnati as the Tigers face the Reds
· Includes tickets to Friday night’s game, Saturday afternoon’s game, transportation and brunch.
Fantasy Camp at Comerica Park
· September 7-9, 2012 – Three days of Big League fun at Comerica Park!
· Includes full home uniform
Call 313-471-2550 for all experiences.
NEW GUEST SERVICES COMMUNICATIONS OPTIONS
· Text Messaging- Guests can use their cell phones to confidentially text Guest Services questions and concerns to Comerica Park Event Staff Colleagues. Text “SECURITY”, followed by your seat location and explanation of your situation to 39844 (standard message rates apply). A Comerica Park Event Staff colleague will respond to guest service or security matters. Available during games and events.
· Twitter - Tigers fans can send comments or concerns to @ComericaParkOps the new Official Twitter for the Detroit Tigers Park Operations Department. A Comerica Park Event Staff colleague will respond to guest service or security matters.
DTE ENERGY SQUAD
· The DTE Energy Squad has 25 members, seven more than last year.
DETROIT TIGERS FOUNDATION MOBILE GIVING CAMPAIGN
· Supporting the Detroit Tigers Foundation has never been easier. Text the word TIGERS to 50555 to donate $10 to the Detroit Tigers Foundation, an affiliate of Ilitch Charities, to support youth baseball/softball programs in the greater Detroit community. Must be 18 years of age or have parental permission to participate.
· Team Tigers is a free online registration program specifically designed to provide new and growing youth baseball/softball programs the resources to help have a successful season.
· Benefits include resource manuals provided by the Baseball Tomorrow Fund and exclusive Team Tigers wristbands as well as the opportunity to apply for equipment, youth baseball/softball coaching awards and additional support from the Detroit Tigers Foundation.
· To date, Team Tigers has over 400 teams and nearly 5,000 players registered.
· Coaches may register annually for Team Tigers at www.tigers.com/teamtigers.
50/50 CHARITY RAFFLE
· The Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Charity Raffle returns to Comerica Park this season at every Friday and Saturday home game beginning May 4.
· Tickets will be sold from the time gates open through the end of the second inning. 50/50 Charity Raffle volunteers in orange aprons will be stationed throughout the concourse on the 100 level, at entry gates and at the 50/50 raffle table near gate A to purchase raffle tickets.
· 50/50 Charity Raffle tickets are sold 3-for-$5.
KEEPING KIDS IN THE GAME (August 20)
· The 4th Annual Keeping Kids in the Game, the Detroit Tigers Foundation signature summer fundraiser, will be hosted by Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera on Monday, August 20 at Comerica Park.
· The event features exclusive ballpark and field access including self-guided tours of the home clubhouse, dugout photo station and private fireworks show. In addition, guests enjoy live entertainment, extraordinary auction items, strolling dinner, drinks and cigars in the Tiger Club.
GROUP SEATING PRICE OPTIONS
· Super Saver Games (a discount of up to $5 per ticket); Value Games (a discount of up to $2 per ticket); Premium Games available