Tigers Press Release
Comerica Park is the place to be this weekend as Tigers host Kansas City Royals in three-game divisional series
Series features Friday night fireworks, Country Night, second annual Classic Car Show and Paws coloring set
The Tigers continue their seven-game homestand tomorrow with a visit from the Kansas City Royals (July 6-8). First pitch on Friday is at 7:05 p.m., Saturday is at 4:05 p.m. and Sunday is at 1:05 p.m.
Get your Tigers tickets for the 2012 season at Comerica Park now! Tickets are available at the Comerica Park Box Office, online at tigers.com and by phone at (866) 66-TIGER (84437). For complete ticket information including single game, season, group and suites visit tigers.com/tickets or call 313-471-BALL (2255).
Friday, July 6 - Country Night - Kansas City Royals (Probables: Smyly vs. Sanchez) @ 7:05 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
- Country Night: Put on your bandanas, cowboy hats and boots and get ready to enter the wild, wild west at Comerica Park as the Detroit Tigers host Country Night. Country music groups Stolen Horses Band, Annabelle Road and Cowboy Alan & the Steel Horse Band will hold live performances throughout Comerica Park. Join us as we celebrate with cowboys, farm animals, and a mechanical bull. Yeehaw!
- Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Pepsi, will take place following the game (weather permitting).
Saturday, July 7 - Kansas City Royals (Probables: Fister vs. Chen) @ 4:05 p.m. (Gates open at 2:30 p.m.)
- Second Annual Detroit Tigers Classic Car Show: More than 90 Classic Cars will be on display in the Second Annual Detroit Tigers Classic Car Show, presented by MotorCity Casino Hotel and Total Lubricants and in partnership with the Woodward Dream Cruise. All selected cars will be judged in six different categories by a panel of celebrity judges including Greg Solomon, MotorCity Casino Hotel CEO, Jean Jennings, Automobile Magazine President and Editor-in-Chief, Joe DeMatio, Automobile Magazine Deputy Editor, Jim McCarter, Concours d'Elegance at St. John's Executive Director, Roger Hart, AutoWeek Executive Editor, Mark Phelan, Detroit Free Press Auto Writer and Neal Rubin, Detroit News columnist. All pre-registered vehicles will be available for viewing by spectators from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Sunday, July 8 - Kids Day - Kansas City Royals (Probables: Scherzer vs. Teaford) @ 1:05 p.m. (Gates open at 11:30 a.m.)
- All kids 14-and-younger will receive an "Every Kid, Every Sunday" PAWS Coloring Set, courtesy of MI State Police/ICAC.
- The ceremonial first pitches will be thrown by actor and Michigan native, Dax Shepard and Detroit Lions Defensive End, Cliff Avril.