Royals Press Release
Homestand Highlights: August 14-19
Homestand Features T-Shirt Tuesday, Eric Hosmer Bobblehead & Several Special Events
KANSAS CITY, MO (August 9, 2012) – The Royals return to Kauffman Stadium for a six-game homestand against the Oakland Athletics and Chicago White Sox, August 14-19.
The A’s series features a T-Shirt Tuesday, INK Student Night/Local Music Showcase, Frenchy Quarter Thursday and the new Nightlife KC.com Lounge.
The three-game weekend series with the division rival White Sox begins with begins with the fan-favorite combination of Buck Night and Fireworks Friday followed by an Eric Hosmer bobblehead giveaway on Saturday. Classic cars and Jayhawks fans invade The K for the homestand finale on Sunday.
Tuesday, August 14 – Oakland Athletics vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- T-Shirt Tuesday: Fan Design Winner! – The first 10,000 fans get an exclusive royal blue t-shirt designed by Royals fan Quinn Carr of Olathe, Kansas, courtesy of Champion Windows. The winning design, chosen by Royals fans through an online vote, uses the Kansas City skyline to make up the club’s signature crown. (photo attached)
Wednesday, August 15 – Oakland Athletics vs. Royals presented by DeWalt, 7:10 p.m.
- INK Student Night – Rivals Outfield Box or Hy-Vee Infield tickets are available for all Wednesday home games for high school and college students with valid ID at the Kauffman Stadium Box Office for just $7. Seating is subject to availability. All Student Nights include a $7 hot dog and beverage special at the Boulevard Grill in the Outfield Experience.
- INK Local Music Showcase – Catch a free pregame concert on us. Every Wednesday INK Student Night also features live local music prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. We are Voices will be performing prior to the A’s-Royals game. For details, visit www.royals.com/studentnight.
- Youth Night – Hy-Vee Infield tickets are just $7 for youth 14 and under with an adult ticket. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
Thursday, August 16 – Oakland Athletics vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Nightlife KC.com Lounge – Experience a unique atmosphere and great deal on the Budweiser Patio. On select Thursday dates throughout the season, fans will be able to purchase a $30 ticket and receive two free beverage vouchers. In addition, guests will enjoy a live DJ before and after the game, an exclusive bar with top-shelf spirits, lounge furniture, custom photographs and much more. Fans must be 21 and older to purchase tickets and enter the NightlifeKC.com Lounge and will receive a wristband for access to the lounge. For more details, visit www.royals.com/NightlifeKC.
- Frenchy Quarter Thursday – Be part of the newest fan section! For select Thursday home games, fans will be able to purchase a $21 ticket that includes a Frenchy Quarter T-Shirt, blue Mardi Gras beads and a seat in Jeff Francoeur’s cheering section in the right Outfield Box. This is a $35 value. www.royals.com/frenchy.
- All You Can Eat Seats – Fans can purchase All You Can Eat Seats located in the Loge Level (Sec. 318 – 325), which include unlimited ballpark fare. All the hot dogs, nachos, peanuts, pretzels and Pepsi products you can handle for $40 per seat! Individual and group discount tickets available. For details, visit www.royals.com/allyoucaneat.
Friday, August 17 – Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- Buck Night – Hot dogs, small Pepsi products and peanuts are just $1 each all night long. www.royals.com/fanvalue.
- Fireworks Friday – A spectacular fireworks show after every Friday home game, presented by Hy-Vee and Pepsi.
Saturday, August 18 – Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 6:10 p.m.
- Eric Hosmer Bobblehead – The first 20,000 fans get an exclusive bobblehead of young Royals first baseman Eric Hosmer courtesy of Time Warner Cable. (photo attached)
- 610 Saturday – Enjoy great activities and live music from The Mickey Finn Band prior to the game in the Outfield Experience. www.royals.com/610saturdays.
Sunday, August 19 – Chicago White Sox vs. Royals, 1:10 p.m.
- KU Day – Supporters of the University of Kansas can join fellow Jayhawks for a day filled with big league action presented by FOX Sports Kansas City and Kansas Sampler. Fans can visit www.royals.com/ku for details or to purchase discounted tickets. Special guests include University of Kansas coaches, including head football coach Charlie Weis, and KC-area Jayhawk student athletes. The first 750 Jayhawk fans who bring their KU Day discounted ticket to the KU table located inside Hy-Vee Gate B will receive a limited edition white KC Royals KU cap featuring crimson and blue. (photo attached) Gates open at 11:30 a.m. To reserve a group of 20 or more tickets, call (816) 504-4174.
- Cruise to The K – Classic Car Show – The Royals host the third annual Cruise to The K Classic Car Show and Exhibit. Participating car enthusiasts will have the opportunity to see their cars on the warning track during pregame ceremonies. Cars will also be on display in Lot A throughout the day. Cruise to the K participants may purchase a special ticket package that include entrance into the contest, two tickets to the White Sox-Royals game, a parking pass, commemorative t-shirt and dash plaque for just $25 (advance purchases). To register, please visit www.royals.com/carshow. To reserve a group of 10 or more tickets, which includes scoreboard recognition and block seating, call (816) 504-4167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Family FunDay Sunday – Each Sunday home game features face painters, caricature and balloon artists and live family-friendly entertainment in the Outfield Experience courtesy of Radio Disney. All-Day Play Passes for unlimited activities in the Outfield Experience are available for just $10. www.royals.com/sunday.
- Fun Run presented by Sprint – All fans can run the bases after the game (conditions permitting).