Play ball! Exciting new lineup of fun and entertainment at Comerica Park in 2013
Ticket value deals, family events, new giveaways and promotions
DETROIT - Opening Week festivities at Comerica Park begin Friday, April 5, and the Detroit Tigers have continued their efforts to offer fans Detroit's No. 1 sports value with an enhanced gameday experience for the entire 2013 season. It marks the Tigers' 14th season at Comerica Park. The Tigers have added two picnic areas available throughout the 2013 season, along with new concession items, merchandise and promotions.
Be sure to get your Tigers tickets for the Opening Homestand and games in 2013 at Comerica Park now! For single game ticket information call 866-66-TIGER. For season, group, parties and suites call 313-471-BALL (2255). For complete ticket information visit tigers.com/tickets.
~NEW IN 2013~
SUPER SPRING SPECIAL
· Upper box infield tickets for $13 for Monday-Thursday games in April and May. Tickets are available in advance or at ticket windows on game day. Tickets are subject to availability.
20-GAME DIGITAL TICKET PLAN
· The Detroit Tigers are offering a limited number of 20-game Digital Season Tickets. This is a first-of-its-kind ticket package that gives you the security of never having to worry about a misplaced ticket, and the flexibility to safely transfer and print your tickets free of charge. As an added bonus, each Digital Ticket Plan purchaser will receive (5) complimentary access passes for entry into the Tiger Club or Tiger Den Lounge (each pass will provide access for one game). There are a limited number of seats available.
GIVEAWAYS, SPECIAL EVENTS, FIREWORKS
· 34 giveaways and 16 special events
· 18 post-game firework extravaganzas on Fridays and Saturdays in Detroit, the most in Major League Baseball
KIDS OPENING DAY - Sunday, April 7
· All kids 14-and-younger will receive a Miguel Cabrera MVP mini bat, courtesy of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
· Twenty-one winning entries were selected from an Essay Contest with each winner receiving four complimentary game tickets as well as the opportunity to participate in "Kids Opening Day."
· Free rides for kids 14-and-younger courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel and the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel
NEW THEME NIGHT: MOTOWN NIGHT - SATURDAY, AUGUST 31
· The Detroit Tigers pay special tribute to the Motown sound with a night full of live music, trivia, and special giveaways
NEW SPECIAL EVENT: SOFTBALL 360 POWER TOUR - THURSDAY, JULY 11
· Watch as professional softball players hit home runs into the crowd during a thrilling batting practice at Comerica Park
· Starts prior to home game against the Chicago White Sox
· Magnet Schedule featuring American League MVP and Triple Crown Winner Miguel Cabrera - Friday, April 5 (First 10,000 fans courtesy of Comerica Bank)
· 2012 American League Championship Banner - Saturday, April 6 (First 10,000 fans courtesy of Pepsi)
· Miguel Cabrera MVP Mini-Bat - Sunday, April 7 (All kids 14-and-under courtesy of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan)
· Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown Knit Hat - Sunday, April 28 - (All kids 14-and-under courtesy of Belle Tire)
· 1968 45th Anniversary Commemorative Coin - Saturday, May 25 (First 10,000 fans)
NEW ITEMS AVAILABLE AT THE D SHOP PRESENTED BY MAJESTIC
· Swinging Kitten Logo apparel used from 1967-1977-- released from the vault for a limited time on a select run of merchandise. This apparel is found exclusively at the D Shop in Comerica Park.
· PAWS Mascot Attitude T-shirt by Nike, "Paws is my Wingman"
· More Women's styles than ever, including loungewear line, which features pajama pants, tops and underwear
· PAWS Ceramic Mug & Planter
· Mitchell and Ness Letterman Puffy Vest
· 2013 Media Guide - Featuring AL MVP and Triple Crown Winner Miguel Cabrera
· 2013 Edition of Team Yearbook - Featuring Miguel Cabrera
· Tigers Magazine with Scorecard - Featuring Torii Hunter
NEW MENU ITEMS THROUGHOUT BALLPARK
· Bacon on a stick, Deep Fried Red Hot Sausage, Rajun' Cajun' Deep Fried in Shell Peanuts, Grilled Soft Pretzel Sticks with side of Beer Cheese, Potacho, Street Tacos, ¼ lb. Jumbo Hot Dog, The Late Night Burger and The Nacho Burger
NEW GAMEDAY PROMOTIONS
· "Great Moments in Tigers History"- As part of the in-game entertainment, new promotions will focus on incredible moments making up the last 100 years for the Detroit Tigers
DETROIT TIGERS SOCIAL MEDIA CLUBHOUSE
· Detroit Tigers Social Media Clubhouse (tigers.com/connect)
· Follow the Tigers on Facebook (facebook.com/tigers) and Twitter (@Tigers)
· Twitter en español! (@TigresdeDetroit)
· Pinterest - Pinterest.com/Tigersbaseball
· Google Plus- Plus.Google.com/+Tigers
· Instagram - Instagram.com/Tigers
· Official App - MLB At Bat 13
· Official Front Office Blog - Comerica Park, 48201
· MLB.com At the Ballpark App - Comerica Park
MLB AT BAT 2013
· The #1 sports app of all-time, MLB.com At Bat, returns for the 2013 season with live Spring Training baseball from the Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues. MLB.com At Bat is the official app of Major League Baseball.
New for At Bat 13
· Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat 13 subscribers (portable to Mac/PC with a valid MLB.com account)
· Universal support for At Bat 13 subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
· Redesigned individual team pages
· Updated news section interface
· Classic games library
· Re-architected navigations
· One-time annual fee of $19.99 for the entire 2013 season, Spring Training through the World Series, or monthly recurring fee of $2.99
· MLB.TV Premium subscribers receive At Bat 13 for free
· Requirements: Compatible with iPhone: 3GS, 4, 4S, 5 iPod touch: 3rd, 4th & 5th generation, and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later
NEW FANTASY EXPERIENCES
Detroit Tigers Road Trip to Cleveland
· July 5-7, 2013 - Join former Tigers players on a road trip to Cleveland as the Tigers face the Indians
· Includes round trip bus transportation and two nights at the Tigers team hotel
Fantasy Camp at Comerica Park
· June 28-30 - Three days of Big League fun at Comerica Park!
· Includes full home uniform, 2 dinners and 2 lunches
Throw Out the First Pitch
· 2 infield box seats and parking
· Dinner/Lunch in Champions Club
· Tigers hat, jersey and first pitch baseball
· Throw out first pitch from in front of pitching mound
Attend a Tigers Game with Former Tigers
· Watch the game with Dave Bergman, Rick Leach, Dan Petry or Dave Rozema
· Available for three people
· Enjoy dinner with your Tigers star in the Champions Club
· Also includes parking and three Infield Box Seats
· Call 313-471-2550 for all experiences.
· Team Tigers is a free online registration program specifically designed to provide new and growing youth baseball/softball programs the resources to help have a successful season
· Benefits include resource manuals provided by the Baseball Tomorrow Fund and exclusive Team Tigers wristbands as well as the opportunity to apply for equipment, youth baseball/softball coaching awards, Tigers tickets and additional support from the Detroit Tigers Foundation
· Annually, Team Tigers registers nearly 400 teams and over 5,000 players registered
· Coaches may register annually for Team Tigers at www.tigers.com/teamtigers
50/50 CHARITY RAFFLE
· The Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Charity Raffle returns to Comerica Park this season at every Friday and Saturday home game beginning Friday, May 10
· Tickets will be sold from the time gates open through the end of the second inning. 50/50 Charity Raffle volunteers in orange aprons will be stationed throughout the concourse on the 100 level, at entry gate and at the 50/50 raffle table near gate A to purchase raffle tickets
· 50/50 Charity Raffle tickets are sold 3-for-$5
7TH ANNUAL DETROIT STARS SINGING COMPETITION - FRIDAY, APRIL 26
· The Detroit Stars Singing Competition Finals is the kickoff to our 11th Annual Negro Leagues Weekend Celebration in which fans are given the opportunity to salute the "stars" of the past as the Detroit Tigers pay homage to the Negro Leagues players and their contributions to the game of baseball.
KEEPING KIDS IN THE GAME - MONDAY, AUGUST 19
· The 5th Annual Keeping Kids in the Game, the Detroit Tigers Foundation's signature summer fundraiser, will be hosted by Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera on Monday, August 19 at Comerica Park
· The event features exclusive ballpark and field access including self-guided tours of the home clubhouse, dugout photo station and private fireworks show. In addition, guests enjoy live entertainment, extraordinary
auction items, strolling dinner, drinks and cigars in the Tiger Club
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.