09/23/2010 1:25 PM ET
Don't miss Fan Appreciation Weekend as Tigers host Twins in final home series beginning Friday
Fireworks shows, giveaways and "Shirt off our Back" highlight weekend
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers will host the Minnesota Twins for three games in their final home series of the 2010 season at Comerica Park during Fan Appreciation Weekend, presented by Comerica Bank. Games are set for Friday and Saturday at 7:05 p.m., and Sunday at 1:05 p.m.
Throughout the three games, the Tigers will offer fans more than 200 valuable prizes within 12 half-inning breaks as part of Fan Appreciation Weekend. Prizes include autographed memorabilia, tickets to Ilitch Holdings entity events, donations from Tigers sponsors and much more! Members of the Detroit Tigers Kids Club can also enjoy Fan Appreciation Weekend. Prizes will be given to select club members at the Kids Club table on the concourse.
Tickets for Fan Appreciation Weekend are available at the Comerica Park Box Office, online at tigers.com, by phone at (866) 66-TIGER (84437), at Detroit-area Meijer stores and at Hockeytown Authentics, located at 1845 E. Big Beaver Road in Troy. Don't miss your chance to see the Tigers next season! The Detroit Tigers are accepting deposits for 2011 Season Ticket Packages for as low as $100 per seat. For complete ticket information including individual, season, group, suite, and "All-You-Can-Eat" tickets, visit tigers.com/tickets or call 313-471-BALL (2255).
Friday, September 24 vs. Twins @ 7:05 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
DETROIT TIGERS CAMOUFLAGE HUNTING HAT: The first 10,000 fans to enter Comerica Park will receive a Detroit Tigers camouflage hunting hat, courtesy of Belle Tire (pictured to the right). Complimenting the camouflage print is a green olde English D on the front of the cap for Tigers fans to sport proudly.
The Detroit Tigers Foundation, an affiliate of Ilitch Charities, has partnered with the American Diabetes Association (ADA) for Friday and Saturday's 50/50 Charity Raffle. The mission of the ADA is to prevent, cure and improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. Tickets are sold when the gates open until the end of the second inning throughout the concourse, with the winning ticket announced after the sixth inning. This year, the 50/50 Charity Raffle has raised $81,880.00 that has gone directly to charities, with the single largest one-game prize being $6,192.50.
FOX SPORTS DETROIT PREGAME CONCERT SERIES: As the final installment of the Fox Sports Detroit Pregame Concert Series, local band No Justus will be performing live on the Fox Sports Detroit stage in the Brushfire Grill starting at 6:00 p.m. The modern day rock band was the second runner up in the Fox Sports Detroit "April in the D" contest earlier this year.
- Greg Monroe, center for the Detroit Pistons and first round draft pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, will be throwing a ceremonial first pitch.
- Captain Michael Hoffman of the United States Army and native of Richmond will deliver the game ball. Captain Hoffman recently returned from his first deployment to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom in his sixth year of service. While serving as the brigade dental surgeon in Eastern Baghdad, Captain Hoffman received the Iraqi Freedom Campaign medal and the Army Commendation medal.
- One lucky fan will receive an opportunity to win $1,000 in the Pepsi and Kmart Close for Cash contest between the conclusion of the game and the fireworks shows on Friday and Saturday by throwing three strikes from various distances. Pepsi and Kmart will match contestant's winning amounts with an equal donation to the March of Dimes.
- Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Pepsi, are free with game ticket and will immediately follow the game (weather permitting).
Saturday, September 25 vs. Twins @ 7:05 p.m. (Gates open at 5:30 p.m.)
DETROIT TIGERS WINTER HAT: The first 10,000 fans to enter the ballpark will receive a Detroit Tigers winter hat courtesy of Pepsi Max. The blaze orange knit hat pictured to the right features a navy blue olde English D on the front to help keep fans warm during the offseason.
- Second Class Petty Officer Brian Wilson of the United States Navy and native of Sterling Heights will deliver the game ball. Second Class Petty Officer Wilson currently serves as part of a direct support element for submarine forces in the Pacific fleet. From his base in Pearl Harbor, he has been deployed for more than 100 days this year aboard the USS Columbia.
- Saturday Night Fireworks, presented by Verizon, are free with game ticket and will immediately follow the game (weather permitting).
Sunday, September 26 vs. Twins @ 1:05 p.m. (Gates open at 11:30 a.m.)
"SHIRT OFF OUR BACK": Fan Appreciation Weekend, presented by Comerica Bank, continues with a majority of the prizes on Sunday being game worn jerseys by Tigers players and coaches through the "Shirt Off Our Back" promotion. After the game select fans will win the opportunity to go down to the field and receive one of over 40 game worn jerseys from a Tigers player or member of the coaching staff. Fox Sports Detroit personalities, Rod Allen and Mario Impemba will also participate in the giveaway and offer fans their personalized jerseys as well.
MR. TIGER TO SIGN COPIES OF SIX: Starting at 11:45 a.m., Tigers great and Hall of Famer Al Kaline will sign copies of his new book "Six: A Salute to Al Kaline" for the first time at Comerica Park just outside of the Pro Shop at Gate B. "Six" is the fourth book in Olympia Entertainment's Legends series. The book contains over 150 pages chronicling Kaline's career. Each book is individually numbered to make it a must have collectable item. This signing is exclusive to fans holding a ticket to the scheduled game. Fans that purchase a copy of the book inside the Pro Shop will receive a priority wristband that will allow each fan up to two books to be signed by Kaline. Only 300 total books will be signed.
- Petty Officer Third Class Richard Liles of the United States Navy and native of Battle Creek will deliver the game ball. Petty Officer Liles recently returned from his third deployment in five years of service including tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan. He is a recipient of the Army Achievement Medal.
"EVERY KID, EVERY SUNDAY" MIGUEL CABRERA POSTER: All Kids 14-and-younger will receive an "Every Kid, Every Sunday" Miguel Cabrera poster, courtesy of Meijer (pictured to the left).
All Sunday home games are Kids Days at Comerica Park. In addition to the "Every Kid, Every Sunday" Miguel Cabrera poster, all kids 14-and younger can enjoy:
- Free rides on the Comerica Bank Carousel and the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel courtesy of Red Robin
- Free face painting at Gate A from 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Children who enter to win at participating Gardner-White stores have the exclusive chance to take the field prior to the start of the game, deliver the lineup card to homeplate or announce the first Tigers batter over the public address system as part of the Gardner-White Kids Take the Field program. Additionally, there is a chance for all kids to win one of three kids' bicycles, compliments of Meijer. After the game all children 14-and-younger are invited down to the field for Kids Run the Bases, courtesy of Pepsi.
TIGERS OFFER DETROIT'S NO. 1 SPORTS VALUE
- $5 Single-game tickets available for every Tigers home game.
- $5 Kids Value Meals every game - includes a hot dog, chips, juice box and a PAWS finger puppet.
- $5 Adult Value Meals every game - includes a hot dog, chips and a soda.
- $5 Parking available in Lots M, R, P and Q, Columbia St. between Cass Ave. and Grand River Ave.
- $5 Tigers Magazine every game - includes a scorecard and game notes.
- "All-You-Can-Eat" seating - available for all Tigers home games in individual and group tickets. Seats include an endless supply of hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken tenders, popcorn, vegetables and pasta salad and a select amount of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist or Mountain Dew.
- Group tickets, including suites and indoor and outdoor picnics, offer reduced ticket prices in certain seating sections on specific days for groups of 15-or-more.