10/16/2012 2:44 PM ET
Tigers to host Game Four of the American League Championship Series against the New York Yankees on Wednesday
DETROIT – The American League Central Division Champion Detroit Tigers will host Game Four of the American League Championship Series against the New York Yankees on Wednesday, October 17, at Comerica Park. All gates will open at 6:00 p.m. First pitch will be at 8:07 p.m.
Wednesday, October 17 – New York Yankees (Probables: Scherzer vs. Sabathia) @ 8:07 p.m. (Gates open at 6:00 p.m.)
· All fans will receive a Detroit Tigers Rally Towel, courtesy of BallPark & Meijer.
· Former Tigers outfielder and 1968 World Series Champion, Mickey Stanley, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Wednesday’s game.
· The national anthem will be performed by the winner of the inaugural season of the hit NBC television show, The Voice, Javier Colon.
· Game Ball Delivery: Master at Arms First Class Steven Rollins of the United States Navy from Gaylord, Michigan will deliver the game ball. Master at Arms First Class Rollins recently returned from his third deployment including tours in Afghanistan, Iraq and the Caribbean in support of anti-piracy operations. He has earned the Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Medal, Afghan Medal, Iraq Medal, Kosovo Liberation Medal and two Navy Achievement Medals. Master at Arms First Class Rollins has proudly served the Navy for 17 years.
· Potential 2012 World Series Tickets on Sale Tomorrow: Individual game tickets for potential 2012 World Series home games at Comerica Park will go on sale Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. Tickets will ONLY be available by calling 866-66-TIGER or visiting tigers.com. Tickets will not be available at the Comerica Park box office. Fans can purchase up to four (4) tickets to any one (1) World Series game, subject to availability. Ticket prices for potential World Series home games at Comerica Park are available at tigers.com/postseason.
· AL Central Champions Gear: Tigers fans still have the opportunity to purchase the same official apparel worn by the team during the postgame clubhouse celebration. Postseason gear is available at The D Shop, which is located at Comerica Park on the corner of Witherell Street and Montcalm Street.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.