5/8/2014 1:34 P.M. ET
Comerica Park is the place to be this weekend as the Tigers battle the Minnesota Twins
Weekend features Miguel Cabrera Three-Time AL Batting Champion Trophy Giveaway, 2014-2015 Wall Calendar Giveaway, Pre-Game Clinic with Tigers Players, Jim Leyland Tribute, and a Special Mother's Day Celebration!
By / MLB.com
DETROIT - The Tigers continue their seven game homestand with a three-game weekend series against the Minnesota Twins. Friday night's game against the Twins will begin at 7:08 p.m. and first pitch for Saturday and Sunday's games will be at 1:08 p.m.
Tickets are available at the Comerica Park Box Office, online at tigers.com and by phone at (866) 66-TIGER (84437). For complete ticket information including season, group and suites visit tigers.com/tickets or call 313-471-BALL(2255).
Friday, May 9 vs. Minnesota Twins at 7:08 p.m. Gates Open at 5:00 p.m. (Probables: Justin Verlander vs. Phil Hughes)
- The first 10,000 fans to enter Comerica Park will receive a Miguel Cabrera Three-Time American League Batting Champion Trophy, courtesy of Pepsi.
- Fourth Annual Zubazpalooza: For the fourth year, the Tigers are offering a special ticket package for stripe-enthusiasts during Zubazpalooza. Each ticket package comes with your choice of Zubaz pants or a t-shirt, a game ticket and entrance to an exclusive party at the Labatt Blue Jungle where you can mingle with other Zubaz lovers and win great prizes from Zubaz representatives. Visit tigers.com/tickets to learn more.
- Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Raffle: The Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Charity Raffle returns to Comerica Park this season at every Friday and Saturday home game. The partner charity for this weekend's 50/50 raffle is the Little Caesars Amateur Sports Foundation, which supports youth sports programs in Greater Detroit. Raffle tickets are available from the time gates open until the last out of the sixth inning. Tickets will be sold on a digital platform for the first time, and are three for $5, 10 for $10 and 40 for $20. The winner will be announced on the Comerica Park scoreboard before the end of the game.
- Tonight's game ball will be delivered by Specialist Danny Potter Jr, of the Michigan Army National Guard from St. Louis Michigan.
- Verlander's Victor for Veterans: For each of his home starts, Verlander hosts Veterans from Veterans Affairs Medical Centers throughout the state of Michigan. These Veterans sustained injuries or illness in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom or in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom. The Veterans along with their families cheer on the Tigers from the comfort of Verlander's personal luxury suite. After serving our country, the special day provides American veterans the opportunity to enjoy a Tigers game with their family. Veterans share 18 luxury suite tickets and parking passes in the Tigers Parking Garage. Food and beverage is provided for the guests courtesy of Verlander. Veterans receive a personalized welcome letter from Verlander while all guests receive a Verlander's Victory for Veterans t-shirt. Today, Verlander will welcome Veterans from the Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
Saturday, May 10 vs. Minnesota Twins at 1:08 p.m. Gates Open at 11:00 a.m. (Probables: Max Scherzer vs. Kyle Gibson)
**BE IN YOUR SEATS BY 12:40 FOR THE TIGERS TRIBUTE TO JIM LEYLAND**
- Tribute to Jim Leyland: Prior to the game, the Tigers will honor the third-winningest manager in franchise history in a special pre-game, on-field ceremony at Comerica Park. The former skipper will throw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to the game. Be sure to be in your seats by 12:40 p.m. so you don't miss a minute of this special ceremony.
- The first 10,000 fans to enter Comerica Park on Saturday, May 10 will receive a 2014-15 Wall Calendar, courtesy of Red Robin.
- Pre-Game On-Field Clinic: From 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. fans are welcomed onto the playing field at Comerica Park for a special pre-game clinic featuring Tigers players. Fans will choose a station and Tigers players and coaches will rotate among the stations giving fans tips on hitting, infield defense, pitching and catching. The clinic is weather permitting and sponsored by Red Robin. Autographs are not permitted.
Mother's Day, Sunday, May 11 vs. Minnesota Twins at 1:08 p.m. Gates Open at 11:00 a.m. (Probables: Robbie Ray vs. Samuel Deduno)
- Mother's Day: All Moms and Kids 14-and-under will receive a special Mother's Day Picture Frame, courtesy of Little Caesars. Plus, the first 500 families to visit the Fan Foto display in the FOX Sports Detroit Brushfire Grill will receive a free Mother's Day branded photo to place in their new frame. Upon entry to the ballpark, 500 moms will be invited to participate in special on-field recognition during the singing of the national anthem. Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer: Major League Baseball and the Detroit Tigers have partnered with Komen for the Cure to go to bat against breast cancer. The Tigers donated 1,000 tickets to breast cancer survivors, volunteers and their families from the Detroit Race for the Cure to attend the Mother's Day game. More than 150 breast cancer survivors will be invited onto the field and recognized prior to the national anthem. In addition, the Tigers winner from Major League Baseball's Honorary Bat Girl contest to recognize inspirational fans that have been affected by breast cancer will be honored prior to the start of the game and will throw a ceremonial first pitch. During the game, players from both clubs will use pink bats, and all baseballs will have pink stitching.
- Mother's Day Merchandise Available in the D Shop: The Tigers are offering great Mother's Day merchandise at the D Shop including:
- Limited Edition PAWS Bobblehead honoring Moms -$75
- Exclusive 2014 Detroit Tigers Mother's Day Lapel Pin - $10
- Pink #1 Mom Tigers t-shirt- $35
Plus, all fans who spend $200 or more of women's merchandise in the D Shop will receive a free Alex and Ani bracelet with a pink silhouetted batter (while supplies last).
- Pink Bats and Baseballs for Sale for a Cause: Detroit Tigers Authentics has available a limited number of signed pink bats and baseballs by Tigers personnel Torii Hunter, Alex Avila, Ian Kinsler, Austin Jackson, Joe Nathan and Omar Vizquel. The bats sell for $300, while the signed baseballs will sell for $150. A portion of the proceeds will go directly to the Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit. To purchase your own bat or baseball visit the authentics kiosk at Comerica Park, or call (313) 471-2064.
- All Sunday home games are Kids Days at Comerica Park. All kids 14-and-younger will receive a free promotional item as part of the "Every Kid, Every Sunday" giveaway guarantee, can enjoy free rides courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel or the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, can take part in free face painting, have the chance to win a bicycle and are invited down to the field for Kids Run the Bases courtesy of Aquafina and Meijer following the game, weather permitting.
New for 2014, the Detroit Tigers are offering "Dynamic Deals" for select games throughout the season. Don't miss your chance to see the Tigers battle for their fourth consecutive American League Central Division crown. Tickets start at just $10. For more information, visit tigers.com/tickets.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.