6/6/2014 2:09 P.M. ET
Comerica Park is the place to be this weekend as the Tigers take on the Boston Red Sox
Weekend features On-Field Photo Day, Joe Nathan Facial Hair Fathead Giveaway, Friday and Saturday Night Fireworks and Sunday Night Baseball!
By / MLB.com
Detroit, MI- The Tigers continue their homestand this weekend with a rematch of the 2013 American League Championship Series against the Boston Red Sox June 6-8. Friday's contest against the Red Sox will begin at 7:08 p.m., Saturday's at 7:15 p.m. and the homestand concludes with an 8:00 p.m. appearance on ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball.
Tickets are available at the Comerica Park Box Office, online at tigers.com and by phone at (866) 66-TIGER (84437). For complete ticket information including season, group and suites visit tigers.com/tickets or call 313-471-BALL(2255).
Friday, June 6 vs. Boston Red Sox at 7:08 p.m. Gates Open at 5:00 p.m. Probables: LHP Drew Smyly vs. RHP Rubby De La Rosa
· Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Raffle: The Detroit Tigers Foundation 50/50 Charity Raffle continues at Comerica Park this season at every Friday and Saturday home game. The partner charity for this weekend's 50/50 raffle is The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network. The Pancreatic Cancer Action Network is a nationwide network of people dedicated to working together to advance research, support patients and create hope for those affected by pancreatic cancer. Raffle tickets are available from the time gates open until the last out of the sixth inning. Tickets will be sold on a digital platform and are three for $5, 10 for $10 and 40 for $20. The winner will be announced on the Comerica Park scoreboard before the end of the game.
· Friday Night Fireworks, presented by Pepsi (weather permitting).
Saturday, June 7 vs. Boston Red Sox at 7:15 p.m. Gates Open at 5:00 p.m. Probables: RHP Max Scherzer vs. LHP Jon Lester
· Scott's MLB Pitch, Hit & Run: Prior to the game, 24 youngsters ages 7-14 will compete in the Team Championship of the 2014 Scott's MLB Pitch, Hit & Run Competition at Comerica Park. Winners may qualify for the national competition at the 2014 MLB All-Star Game in Minnesota. The Tigers will honor the eight winners of the 2014 Team Championship in a special pre-game ceremony prior to the game.
· UMPS CARE: Through the BLUE Crew Ticket program, and UMPS CARE Charities, special guests are invited to a Tigers game and given complimentary game tickets, a Tigers cap, food and beverage vouchers and baseball themed items and a photo on the field with the umpires to remember their experience at Comerica Park. Participants are selected through Big Brothers Big Sisters of America and the Dave Thomas Foundation.
· Game Ball Delivery: The game ball will be delivered by Petty Officer Third Class Ryan Lewis of the United States Navy Seabees from Flint, Michigan. Petty Officer Third Class Lewis has proudly served the United States Navy Seabees for three years.
· Saturday Night Fireworks, courtesy of Pepsi (weather permitting).
· MLB At the Ballpark Check-In Experiences: One lucky fan (and a guest) who check in for tonight's game using the MLB At the Ballpark App will have the opportunity to view postgame fireworks from the dugout, weather permitting. Fans may check in beginning four hours prior to game time.
Sunday, June 8 vs. Boston Red Sox at 8:00 p.m. Gates Open at 6:00 p.m. RHP Anibal Sanchez vs. RHP John Lackey
· On-field photo day: From 6:15 - 7:15 p.m. all fans are invited down to the field for a special opportunity to take photos of their favorite Tigers players and coaches. Fans are encouraged to take selfies with their favorite players in the background and tag them on Twitter and Instagram using #TigersSelfies. Please note that this is not an autograph event and posed photos are not permitted. Photo Day is presented by Ballpark and Meijer.
· All kids 14-and-under will receive Joe Nathan Facial Hair Fathead, courtesy of Belle Tire.
· All Sunday home games are Kids Days at Comerica Park. All kids 14-and-younger will receive a free promotional item as part of the "Every Kid, Every Sunday" giveaway guarantee, can enjoy free rides courtesy of Kroger on the Comerica Bank Carousel or the Fly Ball Ferris Wheel, can take part in free face painting, have the chance to win a bicycle and are invited down to the field for Kids Run the Bases courtesy of Meijer following the game, weather permitting.
· Play Sun Smart: In partnership with Major League Baseball and the American Academy of Dermatology, the Detroit Tigers will bring attention to the prevention of skin cancer during a special pre-game ceremony. The ceremony is designed to encourage players and fans to practice sun-safe behavior. Representatives from the American Academy of Dermatology will share information about sun-safe behavior with fans at a special table on the concourse by Gate D.
New for 2014, the Detroit Tigers are offering "Dynamic Deals" for select games throughout the season. Don't miss your chance to see the Tigers battle for their fourth consecutive American League Central Division crown. Tickets start at just $10. For more information, visit tigers.com/tickets.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.